Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our History Together

Thom and I where neighbors in college at Kettering in 2002...that's right he eventually fell in love with the girl next door. He lived on the corner in the green house his senior year and I lived in the much cooler peach house my sophomore year.

Thom and I have been friends ever since. Through the years we have gone to bars and pubs to listen to live music (the pic is from 2004 when we where at Rube's Bar in Flint for the GhettoBillies), we would always watch our show 24 together, and of course we went to plenty of motorcycle races.

As fate would have it, motorcycles and racing (of all things) played a big part in our relationship. Thom says he knew we would be together after I took him for a ride on his pit bike through the condo complex where he was living at the time. The even more romantic part is that I ended up running the bike up a hill. While Thom was quick enough to jump off at the top of the hill, I ended up rolling down the hill with the bike... ah true love!

A few weeks after the monumental bike ride, while at a Detroit Tigers baseball game with my friend (and now maid of honor) Jacqui, I decided that I might have feelings for Thom. The following day I meet up with Thom at Mid-Ohio Race Track where he was busy working as a Crew Chief. After all of the racing and fun was done, we ended up having our first kiss there at the race track. Not the most romantic setting, but he made up for that when he proposed!!!

1 comment:

  1. So "decided that I might have feelings for Thom" really doesn't do the moment justice! We had just left the worst Tiger event EVER (mainly due to the horrible bus ride to the game that took at least two detours and about three hours) and out of NOWHERE on the ride home Amanda goes "I think I'm going to kiss Thom." I just looked at her and said "Okay", all the while thinking that this is definitely a big deal, but neither of us have the energy to make a fuss right now! From that moment nothing was the same; I’ve never seen Amanda happier, and I honestly couldn't be more excited for "my person";) Congratulations, you two!!

    ReplyDelete