Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Proposal






Thom and I have taken a trip "Up-North" to Traverse City and Petoskey for the past three years to exchange Christmas gifts with one another. This year we stayed in Downtown Petoskey at the historic Perry Hotel.

After a day of walking around and shopping in Charlevoix and Petoskey we stopped at the hotel before dinner. Thom picked the City Park Grill for our dinner spot. We had a great dinner and decide to walk to a pub near by for some drinks. It just so happens that in order to get to this pub we had to walk through the park. I was not expecting what was about to happen, but I sure played right into it...
There is a beautiful gazebo in the park, and I wanted to take our picture in it. But once we got close to it, we discovered that the path leading up to the gazebo was not shoveled. I was content simply taking a picture from a distance, but Thom said, "No, if we are going to do it, we are going to do it." So we climbed through the snow, and I walked up the steps to the gazebo first. As Thom was walking up the steps to stand in front of me he said, "I have one more gift for you." and I was still clueless until I head his voice shake when he said, "But you have to answer a question first..." then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!

1 comment: