Monday, January 19, 2009

The Dress

Mom, Devin, and I went shopping on Saturday. We went to four different bridal boutiques, with little luck. Well Mom had some luck, she found a dress that she likes. I don't know if she is 100% sold on it yet though. At the end of the day on Saturday, we were exhausted, and I was a little discouraged. Even though I didn't think I would find a dress on my first try, it was just the whole process of dress shopping that had me discouraged.

Mom and I went to three more bridal salons this afternoon, but this time I was on a mission. After Saturday I had a good idea of what I wanted, and when I walked into the stores today I meant business. I had no luck at the first two stores, but I was super excited for the third store, because they carried some of the designers whose pictures I had ripped out of magazines.

I went through the third boutique and pulled several dresses, which was a good sign considering I only pulled three dresses at the previous store. But when I tried on this dress and saw it in the mirror I knew it was The Dress. I just kept turning and looking in the mirror. The consultant told my Mom that it was a good sign that I didn't want to get out of the dress.

Oh and that surprise I told you about earlier... I am going to wear My Mom's veil! Even though she says its yellowed and kind of didn't want me to wear it because she thought it just looked old. My Mom's veil looks great with this dress.

I didn't sign anything or order the dress yet, but obviously I am excited about it.

1 comment: