Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Haggling Skills

Let me preface this with the fact that I suck at negotiating! I brought Thom along when I had to buy furniture for my house (soon to be our house), to ward off the evil sales men.

So I did my research on the dress. I called around to all of the shops in MI and OH that carry My Dress to get pricing information.

While Jax and I were out and about after meeting with the florist last weekend, we stopped in at Kray Chic the bridal salon where I found the dress. I saw the same sales lady, Lori, and tried the dress on to show Jax. After showing off the dress, and solidifying that it really is THE DRESS, I started talking price with Lori.

I asked how much I could expect to spend for alterations, and then was straight forward and asked if they did price matching? I honestly did not expect them to, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I explained where I had gotten the reduced quote from, and before I could finish my thought she said, well we can do better than that!

Then she said when I was really ready to sit down and sign for the dress to come back and we could talk details. Then she winked at me and said if I brought her in some coffee maybe she would throw in the alterations.

I was really happy to hear this bridal salon was flexible, and willing to talk the details with me. I really liked working with Lori, and am looking forward to going back soon to sign for the dress!

1 comment: