Sunday, January 25, 2009

Flowers

Jacqui (MOH) and I meet with Fanny The Florist this past Saturday. Fanny is my coworker Anica's mother. Thanks for the referral Anica, your mom is awesome!

We meet at a nice little restaurant in Livonia over a late lunch/early dinner. Fanny brought tons of pictures and books filled with flowers and designs, and she brought me a bouquet of fresh cut flowers! It was such a nice surprise!


I had a rough idea of what I wanted for flowers, and I explained it to her over the phone when we set up our lunch date. She put the flowers I told her about, and a few extra creative ones in the bouquet she gave me.

Jacquie and I looked through all of the pictures and books while Fanny was explaining all of the options. After seeing all of the possibilities we came up with a rough idea for all of the flowers.

I like gardening, so I ruled out silk (fake) flowers, and tinting or spraying the flowers to be a specific color. I just want natural flowers. Our colors of blue and green made things a little tricky. It is hard to find a dark blue flower that doesn't look purple.

Fanny had some fun ways to differentiate my bouquet from the girls' bouquets, and to differentiate Thom's boutonniere from the guys' boutonnieres. I wanted to add some more color to the boys' boutonnieres and though of putting a colored bow on them, but Fanny quickly corrected me and said, "Oh No! Honey, you do NOT but a bow on a man!" :)

She was so funny and super nice. It should be great working with her.

I don't want to give too many details away about the flowers, but I will say that two of the flowers in the bouquet Fanny gave me will be incorporated into the wedding flowers...some where.

No comments:

Post a Comment