Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Center Pieces for the Reception

The latest planning question... to alternate or not to alternate?

I am debating if we should alternate our center pieces for the reception. Maybe every other table will get the great flower center pieces designed by Fanny, and then the other tables will get a candle arrangement.

I want to incorporate candles into the center pieces, but I think the table would look crowded with both the flowers and the candles. Plus the reception site's only rule on candles is that they not be displayed under greenery where they could easily catch on fire... kind of sounds like they had an incident in the past :)

I have been searching online for some discounted candles, and asked the bride's maids to keep an eye out for good deals. Honestly, the day I asked the girls to start looking for candles I got two picture message over my phone for different candles with pricing info, and I have been getting at least one a week since. Its awesome to have such great help!

I think I have found candle holders for a good price on line, now I just need to confirm that I can get the candles for a decent price. If this plan comes together, I think it might actually save us some money... small victories are great!

Lacey and Lindsay found tons of candles at a great price at Ikea, so I need to stop in there to see if they are the right color. Thom's parents are coming up to MI this weekend to visit so maybe me and the Mothers will stop in at Ikea to check out the candles in our various wedding adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment