Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend with the Parents

Thom's parents came up for the weekend to hang out and check out our wedding planning. It was great to have them up here!

The band (The G-Daddy's) Thom and I checked out a few weekends back, was playing down in The D on Friday night so the four of us went to watch them. Thom's Dad is in a band so we wanted to get his opinion and, he totally approved. We are not having much luck finding another band that plays the same songs and offers the same services to compare the G-Daddy's against, so we will probably sign them.

On Saturday morning we showed Thom's parents the reception site. Then the boys and girls split up. The boys went to the tool supply store and the girls went to pick up my Mom. The Moms and I were all over town, the snow storm didn't even slow us down.

We stopped in at a bridal salon were My Mom found a dress she liked. Then we went over to David's Bridal to check on the sashes for the Bride's maids dresses - Still not sure if we will order the sashes through them or not... We stopped over at Ikea to check on the candles for the center pieces, no luck there - I need to stop at Big Lots to check those out, and Thom's Mom is going to check for some down in Ohio.

After Ikea we stopped at Laural Park Mall at some higher end department stores, where My Mom found another dress she liked. This was the first time I had seen this dress, so I made her try it on for me. We also looked in a few stores for a dress for Maddy the flower girl. I think we will have better luck finding her a cute little dress as we get closer to Easter.

Then it was up to Kray Chic to show off My Dress! I got really giddy when I tried on the sample dress, it was fun knowing that mine is probably being made right now! And I showed both Moms which dress the girls will be wearing.

After all of the running around us girls made our way back home to relax before dinner. My parents, Spencer and Donna, came over for dinner with us and Thom's parents, Thom and Janet. I tried out a new recipe that turned out OK (just OK) but no one seemed to mind. We were all just enjoying the company. It was so nice to have both sets of parents together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment