Sunday, May 17, 2009

We Have Found Our Song

After making a seriously long list of songs, I narrowed it down to the top few potential songs to be Our Song. Then while Thom was least expecting it, sitting at the table working on something probably motorcycle related, I started playing the few potential songs.

He quickly dismissed a few :) but we wound up narrowing it down to two songs: "When You Love Someone" by Kid Rock, and "Hands on the Wheel" covered by Norah Jones originally by Willi Nelson.

We both agreed to those two song, and after marinating on it for a week or two we are going to go with...... drum roll please......

Our Song is going to be......... "Hands on the Wheel" covered by Norah Jones.

Here is some history on this song. I used to make fun of Thom for watching Austin City Limits on PBS. But one day I was making us dinner and turned the TV on for some background music. Thom must have left it on PBS because Austin City Limits came on, and Norah Jones was singing/playing on the show. Well, since I like Norah Jones and since Thom was not there to make fun of me for watching PBS, I left it on. I was busy cooking us dinner and Norah started to sing "Hands on the Wheel." I stopped cooking, and just watched her sing and play the piano. I have liked the song ever since. I even got a copy (Thanks John!) of Willi Nelson's Red Headed Stranger album to have the original version of the song- How fitting since Thom has red hair ;) Of course the title Hands on the Wheel is pretty fitting too for Thom and his racing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment