Monday, May 4, 2009

Designing the Invitations

Devin came over yesterday and worked for most of the afternoon on the invitations. She got a few new computer programs for a graduation gift (congrats again!) that she got to play with. She whipped up some great looking designs for the invitations and all of the inserts. The hard part was figuring out how to word everything. Luckily I have two invitations for friends’ weddings that we benchmarked. Thanks Melaina and Bowers for giving us some examples! We surfed the internet for a ton of examples too.

After we had the wording figured out, we went through everything to make sure that we were consistent throughout. Important things like, since we spelled out Michigan on the invitation, did we spell it out on all of the inserts? Ya know things that I never noticed before I had to plan a wedding.

Devin was a big help editing the design, she was way more critical than me. Things that I thought looked fine, she quickly rolled her eyes at and then fixed with just a few clicks of her mouse.

It worked out great. I gave her some examples of what we wanted, feed her some dinner, and she worked like a busy little bee. Thanks again Dev for all your help!

I called Greg at the print shop this morning to confirm the dimensions for the envelopes. Gotta make sure all of our beautifully designed invitations fit in the envelope!

Since Thom was gone racing all weekend in Alabama, I am going to show him all of our hard work tonight. I am sure he will catch something that is not consistent throughout the invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment