Monday, March 16, 2009

Bridal Show

Jacquie and I went to a Bridal Expo on Sunday afternoon. At first I was a little leery of being surrounded by Bride-Zillas, but she talked me into it

It was a smaller show, not that we have been to other shows, but we were both surprised at how little time we spent there. There were tables for everything wedding, from Linens and Honeymoons to Cakes and Gowns. There was also a fashion show for bridal gowns, tuxedos, and bride’s maid dresses. By the end of it we had a bag full of hand outs. Since Thom and I are further along in the planning stages, most of the displays did not apply to us.

I did talk with a couple linen companies, including an "eco friendly" linen company. Not eco friendly in that they use organic locally grown cotton linens manufactured in the USA, just eco friendly detergent to wash their linens. Jax thought I was going to rip into the poor sales lady who was giving me their “eco” talk, but I was good and just surprised her by questioning their definition of "eco". But hey, even a small step in the right direction is a good thing!

There was only one transportation company at the expo, I was hoping there would be more. But, they had a discount for 2 free hours of service for the day of the ceremony. Thom and I are still not sure what we will do for Bridal Party transportation.

I was expecting to be sample a few cakes at the Expo too, but they only had one baker. Jax and I made quick work of those samples! I personally didn’t think their cake was anything too special. We have plenty of time before we need to find a baker so that means plenty time for more sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment