Thursday, March 19, 2009

Q: Win or Scam?

A: Scam

While at the Bridal Show with Jax this past weekend we both signed up for several prize drawings. I got a phone call tonight saying that I had won a prize, a 3 day 2 night honeymoon through Pink Apron.

I got excited for a minute, but realized this totally could be a scam. Of course the lady on the phone made it all sound great and super easy. We just had to go to a presentation where they would serve us gourmet food, give us cute aprons, and then show their products - that we had a discount for but did not have to buy.

So I signed us up, figured no harm if we change our minds. Then the excitement wore off, and I did some research on this offer. Turns out several brides have gotten the same call all across the country. One of the brides actually tried it out and went to the presentation. She said they were super pushy and really wanted you to buy their stuff.

Yeah we are totally not going to this thing. As much as I like food, I dis-like pushy sales people more.

No comments:

Post a Comment