Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sashes Ordered

I was out running around this evening for wedding related errands and figured while I was out I should stop at David's Bridal to order the sashes for the girls.

I thought it would only take a few minutes since I knew what type of sash and what color I wanted, but of course it took over a half hour.

When you enter David's Bridal its like you are entering a different shopping world. Not like a normal shop where you can walk in, pick up what you want, and buy it. At David's Bridal you must be greeted by the chick sitting at the table strategically positioned at the entrance of the store. Think of her as the troll who guards the bridge. Even if you tell her exactly what you are looking for, she won't let you pass until she calls a different sales chick over to help you. Clearly you are not capable of ordering a long horizon blue sash on your own, you require assistance.

I managed to get by the guardian troll and pick up two example sashes, one for the type of sash I wanted and the other for the color I wanted, all before the assigned sales chick could come and help me. I made my way to the register, all by myself when yet another sales lady tried to guide me. But when I finally got there I had to wait for someone to ring up my order. Now why couldn't the troll lady leave her post at the door, or the invisible assigned sales associate magically appear, or the chick who attempted to guide me to the register actually meet me at the register?

A sales associate did show up after a few minutes, and she was very friendly while she took my order. Then the computer went out on the poor chick...twice! She did the best she could bouncing between registers and talking with the IT help people over the phone, but it was still a total mess. She was able to finally get the computer back up and running and finish taking my order.

By the time I walked out of that place I was done with wedding shopping for the day. Unfortunately, that was the first store I stopped at, and I had to hit at least three more stores before coming home. Not sure if nipping the David's Bridal trip in the bud was the best idea, but at least I didn't save it for the end thinking I could pop in for five minutes and be on my way home. Then I probably would have caused a scene somewhere along the 30 + minutes I was trapped in that store.

1 comment:

  1. I hated David's Bridal. I had actually picked out a dress there that I was going to buy. I stopped in there with some friends to show them. I actually find the dress myself and wanted to try it on and they wouldn't let me without waiting 2 hours for a consultant since I didn't have an appointment. We left and I ended up shopping somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete