Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Attempt Two For A Linen Vendor

I visited a second linen vendor on Monday after work. I meet with Colleen, one of the owners of Affordable Elegance Chair Covers and Linens, and she showed me some "table scapes." This company was referred to us by Glen Oaks, our reception site.

She had a lot more options of what we are looking for, and was very helpful. They have everything from your standard issue polyester table cloth to extreme patterns and materials. And she showed me only the ones I was interested in, she didn't try to up sell. I checked and their napkins were a lot more user friendly then the silly ones at the first linen company I visited.

Colleen knew all about the tables and chairs at Glen Oaks, as well as some of the linen options they offered. She showed me all of the options they had at Affordable Elegance and then explained how their options could be mixed in with some of the linens offered by Glen Oaks.

I was reading the Affordable Elegance Blog - these blogs things are crazy :) and found out that the two owners of Affordable Elegance attended Central MI University. And they have just hired an intern who will graduate from the same program at CMU. One of the students in my DAPCEP (Detroit Area Pre College Engineering Program) class last semester was interested in fashion, and had just emailed me and the other program director her resume to review. I asked Colleen at Affordable Elegance about the CMU program and she had a lot of good things to say about it, and sent me the web link for the CMU classes and a summer program they have for High School students.

As I am sure you can tell, I was very happy with the options at Affordable Elegance, and now have a soft spot for them since they have helped me help one of my students! The next thing will be to set up a demonstration at Glen Oaks. I would like to see how the options look at our reception site, and it will help us figure out what we can get away with mixing between Affordable Elegance and the linens provided by Glen Oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment